| Email: Contact me via my new website.

maddiesayshello.com :)

I'm back!


days

hours

minutes

seconds

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up now to our newsletter and you'll be one of the first to know when the blog is ready:

Copyright ©

Maddie says Hello!
| Powered By Blogger | Published By Gooyaabi Templates
Design by AZMIND | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chilly day spent at City Light Hotel Baguio.

NOTE: This is a late post. We visited Baguio August of last year.

Due to the call of duty (and additional revenue LOL!), my boss and I went Baguio. I’ll spare you with the usual turista blog, since we did not come there to do sight-seeing. Though, we enjoyed walking around Session Road while carrying 6 kilos of pasalubong. What a great way to insert some cardio work-out haha!

This is also my first backpacking trip. No luggage, no three to four bags with me (only if we bring our own car); just my white duffel bag and a shoulder bag. Yep, that is my definition of backpacking.

My boss decided to stay at City Light Hotel for our over-night business trip. I quite like the hotel, except for this and that. Just read on to know more.

·         How to get there? Upon arriving at Victory Liner Terminal, we hailed a taxi (Note: In reality, it is an FX) and paid 60.00 PHp. The trip was less than 5 minutes with moderate build up of traffic going up.
·         How much are the rooms? Since we went there just this month and on a weekday, we availed of their rainy day promo. For a deluxe room, we paid 1,820.00 PHp/ night for two pax with complimentary breakfast buffet. You’ll also need to shell out a refundable amount of 500.00 PHp for security deposit.
·         The room? The room has a modern minimalist flair to it. Well, modern –ish design is the whole concept of the hotel. But, the minimalism has been taken literally. The room was huge and bare. There were two beds (large enough to roll around) and a TV console table. That’s it. I think one or two chic furniture would not hurt. However, the room bathroom is clean so I am a happy kid while sleeping.
·         The food in their buffet menu was so-so. The seasoning, for most of their food, was more on the salty side.
·         Over-all experience? I’d stay again here IF (and a big if) there is an available Wi-Fi for each room.

Here are some photos which I took using my Samsung Phone:

Bathroom with heater. Yey!

Lobby area during the morning.

Fireplace accent for that evening look at the lobby.

Buffet.


Ciao,


Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey there! :)

My Photo
Hello! I write for leisure :) Dreamer || Builder || Realist
Copyright 2010. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

The various points, comments and reactions read here are not legally connected to any mentioned brands. The posts are based from the personal experiences of an amateur blogger. Should you have comment about any post, and would like to discuss in private, please e-mail the blogger.

All photos here, unless properly sourced and labelled as such, are owned by the blogger.

Looking for something?