| Email: Contact me via my new website.

maddiesayshello.com :)

I'm back!


days

hours

minutes

seconds

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up now to our newsletter and you'll be one of the first to know when the blog is ready:

Copyright ©

Maddie says Hello!
| Powered By Blogger | Published By Gooyaabi Templates
Design by AZMIND | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

Monday, November 29, 2010

To Caleruega we go!

How long has it been already? Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into years.

It has been four years already since I went to a retreat. I never thought that I would go to another once especially when I got into college. For some reason, when we did not have any retreat during sophomore, I just concluded that we will never have it. Then again, I was wrong.

I am enrolled in a Catholic University, there is simply no way that such important spiritual event would be on hold or put aside by the administrators.

Retreats have been long part of since elementary years. And I have learned the essence of having yourself secluded from the world. But enough about retreats, I think that is something which should not be included in this blog (It is too personal for me). What I will be talking about is the venue where we had our retreat.

Caleruega.

It was my first time going here and I regretted not knowing this place earlier! It has the most breath-taking sunsets and sunrise I have ever seen (Well, for now that is). I think their tag line suits the place well, because it  says: Closer to Nature. When we first arrived at the venue, my classmates gushed that the scenery is just perfect for a Korean telenovela. I could not agree less.

I really, really, really loved the place! Now isn't it not an exaggeration. But no words can really describe how i feel. I wish I can pass to you guys what I was feeling during my stay there, if there is such a thing like that. LOL!

So, let me do by list, my comments about Caleruega.

  • Transpo: We got our own service bus when we went in there, but I found out that the place is really near considering it is just near Tagaytay :) If you own a private car, it would be simpler. I'm not really good at giving directions so I guess I have to research on how to commute to Caleruega.
  • Fees: The place is open to the public as along as you pay a certain amount of money. I heard you need to pay not more than 500PHp. But again, I am not sure. What I am sure is you can park your car for 30PHp. The payment for overnight stays and retreats should me made through contacting them :)
  • Bedroom: I stayed in a large room full of bunk beds. And the people from Caleruega calls them as dorms. I think it is only practical since we were around 300 when we went there. The beddings are already prepared together with a pillow and quilt. So far, the beds are tolerable.There are also other rooms to choose from like the family room which can accommodate 8 persons. These rooms are located in another area which is somewhat isolated from our dorms and from the main entrance.
  • Washrooms: I can only base this from the bathrooms I have used. But sad to say that I do not like their bathrooms. Sorry for being too OC, but I really do not like the cleanliness of the bathroom. And I have to note that in almost all retreat houses I have been to, there is no option for hot water. Sadly, I need to muster my weakness in taking a bath in cold water :(.
  • Food: One of the best things in here! In my 3 days and 2 nights stay in Caleruega, I have tasted foods that are acceptable for my taste buds. I also like their specialty - tarts. YUM! I even ordered one as my pasalubong to my family.
  • Security: If you plan to stay overnight, better secure your things. We were warned by the priest that since Caleruega is open to the public, anyone can freely roam around the place. But do not fret too much, because each room has its own key which would be given to you for safekeeping. There are also guards that roam around every now and then.
Here are the pictures from my classmates camera (Sorry, I got lazy in bringing my own camera because of my already heavy luggage haha!):


Spot me! This shot is taken by the hanging bridge :)



Note: All photos are grabbed from my classmate Alex :)

*Edited Version :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey there! :)

My Photo
Hello! I write for leisure :) Dreamer || Builder || Realist
Copyright 2010. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

The various points, comments and reactions read here are not legally connected to any mentioned brands. The posts are based from the personal experiences of an amateur blogger. Should you have comment about any post, and would like to discuss in private, please e-mail the blogger.

All photos here, unless properly sourced and labelled as such, are owned by the blogger.

Looking for something?