| Email: Contact me via my new website.

maddiesayshello.com :)

I'm back!


days

hours

minutes

seconds

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up now to our newsletter and you'll be one of the first to know when the blog is ready:

Copyright ©

Maddie says Hello!
| Powered By Blogger | Published By Gooyaabi Templates
Design by AZMIND | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Hunt: Cookie jars a.k.a. Apothecary jars

Ever since I saw this youtube video about organizing your make-up brushes in a Sephora style with a twist, it got stuck on my mind. But due to my limited budget, I can't buy it.

So, just this year, I decided to find a similar jar minus the hefty price tag (shipping fee+customs = No way). The funny thing is, what I thought and called as cookie jars were really apothecary jars. HAHA! What I am not sure of is whether the word apothecary jar is common here in the country or whether it is used to label those cutesy cookie jars. I think I have to research about that when I already have the time and budget to dilly-dally around malls.

In the meantime, I have to change the dimensions of the jar specified in the video. It is way to big for my tiny vanity area and I am not too keen on having a glass container. So the things I have to consider are the height, the circumference of the circle and the material used (plastic would be great). I already checked SM San Lazaro Dept. Store and found one plastic jar. However, I find the design too tacky and it was rather small. I also found one at Simple Joys (located in SM Mega) while window shopping with the BF. Unfortunately, this time it was way too big for me and it was made of glass. So there I am still in the beginning phase of my hunt. Wish me luck, I need all the luck to find myself the perfect cookie jar a.k.a. apothecary jars.



'til next post!

Ciao,

Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey there! :)

My Photo
Hello! I write for leisure :) Dreamer || Builder || Realist
Copyright 2010. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

The various points, comments and reactions read here are not legally connected to any mentioned brands. The posts are based from the personal experiences of an amateur blogger. Should you have comment about any post, and would like to discuss in private, please e-mail the blogger.

All photos here, unless properly sourced and labelled as such, are owned by the blogger.

Looking for something?