| Email: Contact me via my new website.

maddiesayshello.com :)

I'm back!


days

hours

minutes

seconds

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up now to our newsletter and you'll be one of the first to know when the blog is ready:

Copyright ©

Maddie says Hello!
| Powered By Blogger | Published By Gooyaabi Templates
Design by AZMIND | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

My for-display-only License.

Counting the number of legal documents I have (I think we should all have the necessary legal documents); there are at least three I need to acquire.  That is, until I got my student driver’s permit.  I am reluctant to apply for a driver’s license since 1) I do not plan of owning a car and 2) I am really lazy to learn how to drive, hence my love for sleeping while inside public transport vehicles LOL!

Applying for a driver’s license, one must go to Land Transportation Office or LTO. There are several LTO offices around the country and I am sure you can easily find the nearest (At least) branch within your residence. There are actually special LTO offices which serve specific purposes only.
The whole process took only an hour or less for me. Pretty fast I’d say. Well, I did come in early and there was only a few people lining up for a driver’s license. The heavier side was on the queue for motor vehicle-related transactions.

For display only haha.

This costs 20Php. Yeah, I know. You could find cuter ones elsewhere that costs the same. 

You need to fold your permit so it'll fit.
Here are my few tips when applying for the first time:
·         Bring a pen with you, because you will be filling up a form. It’s such a waste to buy another pen when you have loads of it in your house.
·         Know your height and weight, in centimeters and kilograms respectively.
·         There is a 20Php charge for the plastic holder. I think it’s obligatory to buy it when getting your first permit- ever, after that, you can refuse to get one if you are already renewing your license.
·         Be sure you write legibly or ask someone who write legibly on the form. And double check the spelling of any information you input on the form.
By the way, you can check out the LTO'S website. It has all the details you need to know, especially those who are not Filipino Citizens but would like to apply for their own Philippines driver's license.

'til next post!

Ciao,

Maddie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey there! :)

My Photo
Hello! I write for leisure :) Dreamer || Builder || Realist
Copyright 2010. Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

The various points, comments and reactions read here are not legally connected to any mentioned brands. The posts are based from the personal experiences of an amateur blogger. Should you have comment about any post, and would like to discuss in private, please e-mail the blogger.

All photos here, unless properly sourced and labelled as such, are owned by the blogger.

Looking for something?